This article applies to:
D1 and D1 Pro with the 2W IR laser module.
If you encounter the following issues when you use the 2W infrared laser module on a D1 or D1 Pro machine, please follow the instructions in this article to troubleshoot.
- The laser module doesn't seem to engrave at all
- The laser module engraves but the results are barely visible.
#1 Check the Focal Length
Normally, when you engrave with the IR laser module, there should be a white light spot on the metal. And especially, for metals like copper, aluminum, stainless steel, etc., you may also hear a sound when the spot appears.
If you don't see or hear any of the above during an engraving, the focal length may not be correct. Please refer to this video to set it manually: Adjust the Focus of the 2W Infrared Laser Module [Video]
Theoretically, the infrared laser module has a depth of focus of 1mm, and the focus setting is most effective when the white dot is the brightest.
#2 Check the Processing Parameters
- Adjust these parameters to achieve the best results: Speed, Power, and Line per cm. The recommended parameters are:
- Power: 100
- Speed: 5mm/s
- Lines per cm: 300
- Try the engrave mode instead of the score mode, and see if the results are better.
- Try the Constant Power Mode for the vector files if you use Lightburn, and remember to disable it for bitmap files.
- For more questions about the 1064nm IR laser module, please refer to:
FAQ on xTool 1064nm Infrared Laser Module
If None of the Above Works
If you have followed the instructions above and the issue is still not resolved, please read the article in the link below, collect the troubleshooting steps you have taken, and contact xTool tech support for further advice.