With the Print & blade cut function, you can print a pattern on your material and have it cut from the material.
- A computer with XCS installed
- xTool M1
- A printer that can be used
- One or more patterns to be processed
Use the Print & blade cut function
1. Connect xTool M1 to XCS
2. Set the processing type
Set the processing type to Print & blade cut.
3. Place the cutting mat
4. Edit the pattern to be processed
(1) Click Image or choose File > Import image... to import the pattern to be processed.
(2) Set the size of the pattern.
Note: The maximum processing area is 269 mm × 182 mm. Ensure that the pattern to be printed doesn't exceed the maximum processing area
You can set the size of a pattern by dragging it or entering the width and height.
To prevent the pattern from distortion, lock the width-to-height ratio.
(3) Add an outline for the pattern.
Note: When you use the print & blade cut function, the design elements to be processed must include both a bitmap image and vector path. The bitmap image is to be printed and the vector path is to be cut.
Select the pattern and click Outline, and set the size of the outline.
(4) Set the processing parameters.
Select the type of the material you are using. In this example, we use white sticker paper.
After selecting the material, you can use the recommended parameter settings.
(5) Print the pattern on your material.
Place the white sticker paper into the paper cassette of the printer, and click Process on XCS.
Click Print. Ensure that all the design elements are within the printing area.
Click Print in the Print dialog box that appears.
If XCS can't connect to your printer automatically, you can click Find Printer to configure your printer manually.
5. Place and cut the material
(1) As prompted by XCS, align your material with the grids of the cutting mat and place it on the cutting mat.
(2) Open and close the lid, and click Refresh to refresh the image captured by the camera.
(3) Click Next.
Click Framing, and then press the button on xTool M1 to start framing. You can observe the processing area through the lid.
To observe the processing area once more, press the button again.
Click Start in the upper right corner.
Read the safety instructions carefully and press the button on the machine to start the processing.
Wait for the processing to be complete.
This is the whole print & blade cut process. Use it to make your own creation!