A Philips screwdriver
(#1 or 3.0mm)
A hex key or screwdriver
(3/32″ or 2.5mm)
Some masking tape
A replacement back cover
- Switch off the machine, unplug the power cable, and remove the USB key.
- Take off the removable baseplate, and apply tape on the framing button.
- Put on the protector cover of the field lens.
Remove the Back Cover
- Pull out the knob.
- Lie down the machine with its front facing up, and the bottom facing you. Use the hex key to remove the 2 screws at the bottom two corners on the base.
- Raise the machine. Use the Phillips screwdriver to remove the 6 screws on the back cover.
- 2 are at the top of the cover.
- 4 are around the smoke outlet (air pipe connector).
- Take off the back cover. Disconnet the stop switch cable from the board.
- Thread the cable throuth the hole right to the smoke fan to release the cover.
- Remove the masking tape and take off the framing button for the replacement.
- Note: if the knob won't come off, use the screwdriver as a crow bar to pry it off slowly.
- Note: lift the protective enclosure up prior to lying down the machine in case it bounces up during the operation.
Replace the Back Cover
- Get the replacement back cover
- Thread the stop switch cable through the hole and connect it to the board.
- Install the framing button and put the back cover on to the machine.
- Install the smoke outlet (air pipe connector) and all the screws on the cover.
- Install the knob, the removable baseplate, the USB key, and the power cable.
Note: make sure the stop switch cable is in the front of the spring.
We hope this guide is helpful. And we'd love to hear what you think.
If you have any questions, please contact us at: email@example.com