This guide applies to xTool P2.
If there is an error of more than 1mm when you use the quick measure function (long-range camera) around the center of the working area, you can troubleshoot first according to the following steps:
Please make sure that the material and slats are even. If they are not, make adjustments and take new measurements.
For measuring transparent or highly reflective material, place a piece of white paper on it before the measurement to prevent errors.
Calibrate the Quick Measurement
Things You Need:
A Windows computer.
The calibration tool for IR distance measurement. You can get the tool from customer support (firstname.lastname@example.org).
4. Decompress the zip file and run the software. In the software screen, click on the 'Connect' and the 'Clear data' button.
5. Open the lid of the machine, click on the 'Red spot on' button in the software, and then put the calibration tool on the slats. Make sure the laser spot falls on the 3mm surface of the calibration tool.
6. Close the lid and click on the 'Capture' button for the 3.0 mm thickness text in the software.
7. After the capture, open the lid and change the position of the calibration tool so that the laser spot falls on the 6mm surface.
8. Close the lid and click on the 'Capture' button next to the 6.0 mm thickness text in the software.
9. The same goes for the 24mm surface. Finish the capture.
10. After all three thicknesses are captured, click on the 'Generate calibration file' button. You should see a graph and a pop-up window that says 'Generating the calibration file succeeded!' If it failed, please check if the slats are completely seated in position.
11. Open the lid and change the position of the calibration tool. Make sure the laser spot falls on the 3mm surface, and then close the lid. Click on the 'Distance measure verification (3mm)' button to get a readout of the thickness value.
12. If the value is under 0.5mm, click the 'Upload calibration file' to implement the calibration. If not, please repeat the above steps.
If None of the Above Works
If you have followed the instructions above and the issue is still not resolved, please read the article in the link below, collect the troubleshooting steps you have taken, and contact xTool tech support for further advice.