This article applies to:
D1 and D1 Pro with all laser modules.
If you engrave with a bitmap image, you may find doubled lines appear in the result. If so, please follow the instructions below to troubleshoot.
#1 Check the X-Axis Belt
- Check if the belt is loose or damaged.
- You can adjust the tightness according to the link below.
Adjust the Tightness of the Timing Belts [Video]
#2 Check the Engraving Mode in XCS
Note: The current V1.2 version of XCS software has fixed the issue. Please make sure your XCS version is up to date. If you are still using an older version, please follow the instructions below.
For bitmap processing, there are two types of engraving modes. The Bi-directional mode may cause a backlash when the laser module moves.
- Uni-directional: the laser only fires when the module moves from left to right. It then goes back to the left to start a new line.
- Bi-directional: the laser fires when the module moves from left to right and immediately starts a new line from right to left.
Please follow the steps below to troubleshoot:
- If you are processing a bitmap image, check if the engraving mode is Bi-directional.
- Change the mode to Uni-directional and see if that solves the issue.
If None of the Above Works
If you have followed the instructions above and the issue is still not resolved, please read the article in the link below, collect the troubleshooting steps you have taken, and contact xTool tech support for further advice.