xTool fire safety set can be used on xTool D1 and D1 Pro. The structure of xTool D1 is very similar to that of xTool D1 Pro, and therefore, the installation of the fire safety set on xTool D1 is similar to that on xTool D1 Pro. This page uses xTool D1 Pro as an example to describe the recommended installation way of the fire safety set. You can install it, however, based on your actual use.
Note: The fire safety set is applicable only to closed processing spaces. To use it on xTool D1 or D1 Pro, you need to use an xTool cover, which is not included in the pack.
Install the fire safety set
1. Determine how many sensors you need to use
You can determine how many sensors to be used based on the structure and processing space of your laser machine.
Tips: Sensor 1 is designed to detect flames around a laser module, and sensor 2 is designed for detect flames in other areas.
After you install a cover on xTool D1 Pro, the closed processing space is about 0.1 m3 and xTool D1 Pro has four side plates. In addition to sensor 1 for detecting flames around the laser module, you can use four sensors 2, fitting them on the side plates.
2. Install sensors 2
Use the 3M tape to stick the sensors to the side plates of xTool D1 Pro.
(1) Turn xTool upside down.
(2) Use the 3M tape to fit a sensor in the middle of a side plate.
Note: Pay attention to the direction of the connection cable of the sensor when you attach the 3M tape on the sensor. For xTool D1 Pro, you need to make sure that all the connection cables of the sensors can be arranged toward the main control board.
Stick the other three sensors in the same way.
(3) Stick cable clamps and fix the connection cables on them.
Stick cable clampls to the other plates in the same way. The following figure shows the positions recommended. You can determine the number of cable clamps and the positions to stick them as required.
(4) Arrange the connection cables of all the sensors toward the main control board by inserting them into the slots of the cable clamps, as shown in the following figure.
(5) Turn xTool D1 Pro over.
3. Install sensor 1
(1) Use the 3M tape to stick the sensor to the right side of the laser module.
(2) Stick a cable clamp to the laser module to fix the connection cable.
(3) Use cable ties to fix the sensor connection cable on the connection cable of the laser module, arranging the connection cable toward the main control board.
4. Stick the tube clamp and insert one end of the tube into it
(1) Stick the tube clamp to the machine.
(2) Insert one end of the tube into the tube clamp to fix it.
5. Install the cover
Note: No xTool cover is included in the pack. You need to purchase one.
Put the cover on the machine, and draw the connection cables of all the sensors and the tube out through the opening of the cover.
6. Install the sensor hub
(1) Stick the sensor hub to the cover.
(2) Take the front part of the sensor hub down, wind the connection cables around it, insert the connectors into the ports on it, and put the front part back on the rear part.
Tips: The first port on the sensor hub is provided for sensor 1, the one designed for detecting flames around the laser module.
7. Insert the other end of the tube into the control box
8. Connect the sensor hub to the control box
9. Connect your machine to a power supply
Note: Connect the power cable of the machine to the smart switch, so that the machine can be powered off immediately when a flame is detected.
10. Connect the fire safety set to a power supply
Note: DO NOT connect the power cable of the control box to the smart switch. The control box needs not only to control the smart switch to power off your machine when a flame is detected, but also to continue the alarm and even fire extinguishing after the smart switch is turned off.
Use the fire safety set
After installing the fire safety set, you can set up, test, and then use it. For details, see xTool Fire Safety Set.